- Linear Recurrences, 2008: PDF direct link. PDF Google Drive link.
This note is not superseded by my later texts on the same topic.
- Non-Desarguesian planes 2008:: PDF direct link. PDF Google Drive link.
This note is kept here for historical purposes. See its 2014 version.
- Sperner's Lemma, the Brouwer Fixed-Point Theorem, and Cohomology, 2009. ArXiv.
- (with Lizhen Ji) Infinite topology of curve complexes and non-Poincare duality of Teichmüller modular groups, 2007: ArXiv.
- Fifteen problems about the mapping class groups, 2006: ArXiv.
- (with B. Farb) The Torelli geometry and its applications, 2003: ArXiv.
- Examples of centralizers in the Artin braid groups, 2003: ArXiv.
- (with E. Irmak and John D. McCarthy) Automorphisms of surface braid groups: ArXiv.
- A new construction of the Kauffman polynomial, Abstract, 3 lines, 2003: PDF direct link. PDF Google Drive link.
- The Lax proof of the change of variables formula, differential forms, a determinantal identity, and Jacobi multipliers, 2001:
PDF direct Link. PDF Google Drive link.
This is the version of the paper No. 46 in the list Publications since 1992 which was sent to the editors.
It contains some additional material and references compared to the published version.
- Isometries of Teichmüller spaces from the point of view of Mostow rigidity 2001: PDF direct Link. PDF Google Drive link.
- Mapping class groups, 1999: PDF direct Link. PDF Google Drive link.
This is the 1999 version of the paper No. 42 in the list Publications since 1992.
The published version benefited a lot from thorough work of the editors and anonymous referees.
- A topologists view of the Dunford-Schwartz proof of the Brouwer fixed point theorem, 1999: PDF direct Link. PDF Google Drive link.
- A short proof of Gromov non-hyperbolicity of Teichmüller spaces, 1998.
For a free download of the publisher's file, see the list Publications since 1992.
- (with John D. McCarthy) On injective homomorphisms between Teichmüller modular groups.
PDF direct link. PDF Google Drive link.
This is the original version of the paper No. 39 in the list Publications since 1992.
It differs from the published version in that it contains a treatment of the small surfaces (which require additional arguments),
and also proofs of some folklore results.
- A geometric interpretation of the complex dilatation, 1995.
See Preprints 2014 - 2017.
- Ten Problems on the Mapping Class Groups, 1994: PDF direct Link. PDF Google Drive link.
This note is included here for historical purposes. See the paper No. 45 in the list Publications since 1992.
© The copyright for the published versions of the papers posted here belongs to the respective publishers.
Above are either the originally submitted versions, or the ones preceding the published versions.
© The copyright holder for all materials here is Nikolai V. Ivanov, or, in the case of joint papers, he and his coauthors jointly. All rights are reserved. According to the US copyright law, these materials may be used for non-commercial purposes falling within the scope of the US fair use doctrine.
If a paper is posted to the ArXiv, only the link to its Arxiv page is given. For PDF files two links are provided: the direct link to the file hosted at Amazon.com, and the link to the Google Drive page of the file. Clicking on the PDF Google drive link will lead you to the document page, where you will be able to select "Download" from the "File" menu.